Thursday, April 16, 2009

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily,
as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Col 3:23

The children are all fed, scrubbed clean and tucked into their wee beds, so here I sit contentedly sipping a cup of tea reflecting on the joy that today has been.

Indeed we were blessed by God today, that is the only way to describe it truly! The day started off wonderfully. The birds were singing and even though it was 7am (yes I know a lot of you get up before then) and I knew that I could probably sleep for another 15 min I just couldn't fall back to sleep. Hubby and I normally wake around 7 - 7:30 and depending on the day the children have not yet risen. I think herein is the reason for the day starting so well. Usually what happens is that I fall back to sleep and then am woken soon after by little voices, and I am not impressed that I only got an extra 5 or 10 0r even 25 minutes of precious sleep...

"Yet a little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to sleep" Proverbs 6:10
By allowing myself to wake up before the children put me in the right mindset for the day.

"She riseth also while it is yet night,
and giveth meat to her household, and
a portion to her maidens." Proverbs 31:15
Those few minutes did wonders for the rest of our day. Hubby had the morning off so that he could collect free mulch from the County for our garden beds. We haven't properly mulched them in three years so this really is a must this summer! So the children and I got right into our day after waving Daddy off to his task. Strawberries made the simple breakfast of cold cereal seem a treat! We got dressed and showered, ready for a special friend of Princess' to arrive after 9. After a Cappuchino shared with a dear sister in the Truth, she went off to teach at the school and the children and I dove head first into our day.
Play mobile, a Psalm, Dirt, Baking, Painting, Cookies, Story time rounded out day and before we knew it we were getting the house prepared for sister's class. The children were so well behaved! They played ever so well and it really was a joy. Sister's class went well, though I was a ball of nerves as usual when giving the class (on Lev 24:1-9). Then afterwards the Goons and I walked into town to run some errands for Hubby and visit the library.
As you can see today was filled with regular, everyday jobs. Seemingly mundane to most. I am so thankful that God has renewed my heart to love my role, my husband, my children (well they really are His children are they not!) and my ecclesia.
So I'm off to knit some more dishcloths and listen to a class while Hubby is at a meeting. May God bless you in your daily lives as we await the return of His son and the establishment of the Kingdom in Israel.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

sounds like a pleasant day....we've been enjoying the wheather with daily walks!
I cant believe I never checked your blog.....how fun to have finally discovered it:)

Tracy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Isn't it a blessing to find joy in the small things?