1) Butter the sides and bottom of a 10 in pan, preheat the oven to 350.
2) Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy (10 min.) Mix in the oil and both eggs until smooth.
3) On low speed add the baking powder and 1C of the flour.
4) Alternate adding the rest of the flour with the milk until smooth.
5) GENTLY fold in the zest and currants.
6) Cook for 50-60 min until golden on top.
7) Serve plain or with a drop of whipping cream.
Oh bother, the pics are in the wrong order, oh well you get the idea! I made this this afternoon with the 2 lil helpers and it was easy and so blissfully delicious!!!
Hope that you enjoy!